Now that all the restaurants and lounges are sadly – and understandably – collecting dust, We’re taking it back to the 1950s with Portside Pickup, the social distancing way (we’re trying) to do carryout.
How it Works
Place your carryout order with us the way you always have:
- Call it in
- Walk-Up to our counter
- Facebook it (Yes. We take those)
Once we’ve received your order, we’ll ask you:
Will that be Carryout, Delivery, or Portside Pickup?– Team Bistro
And this is where the fun starts:
- If you pick, “Carryout,” you’ll walk in the front door, pay for your order at the front counter, collect your food, and happily head out, same as it ever was.
- If you pick, “Delivery,” we put your address into Google Maps and check to see if it’s within reasonable distance of our location. Rule of thumb: 15 minutes. AKA: Rockaway Beach to the Creamery, give or take.
- Sidenote: we have Delivery now.
- If you pick, “Portside Pickup,” you’ll get to stay in your vehicle as you pull around the building and up to the north end of our Pen, which is our outdoor dining area located directly across from the Garibaldi Marina docks. We’ll come to your car, take your payment, deliver your food as well as warm thoughts, and you’ll be on your way.
Portside Pickup: The Menu
We loved the name “Portside Pickup” so much, we named our new carryout menu for it. You can find it currently posted on our Menu page.
- Here’s they are on Facebook.
Sidenote: Gift Cards are now available online, too.Read our Gift Cards page to learn more.
Portside Pickup Questions:
“Can we use Portside Pickup if we walk there.”
“Can we eat at your picnic benches in your outdoor pen. Other restaurants around are allowing customers to use their outdoor seating.”
We wish we could say, “absolutely,” but we can’t. As we’ve been instructed, we’re not allowed to let groups eat on our property. If we get caught allowing it, we can be subjected to fines.
There are 3 scenic picnic areas surrounding us here at the Port of Garibaldi as well as public bathrooms a couple ‘hundred yards to our building’s direct north (towards the big “G”). As far as we know, they’re still open for seating.
And we’re not gonna say...
That at this time of year you’re liable to find couples parked up and down the shore at sundown, admiring the wonders of the mother nature while looking to explore sensual mysteries beyond the stars. That’s not our style.
But, if you were to look for such iconic shoreline locations, you could throw a crab shell from our Portside Pickup spot and hit a few.
“Can we order off the lunch and dinner menus you published when you moved to the new building?”
Another one we wish we could say, “absolutely.” We pride ourselves in locally sourcing our ingredients and making everything fresh. One of the joys that we get in our average day is when someone in our team has to ask,
“Where is the microwave?”– Team Bistro, spoken often
Because of all that’s going on with the state-mandated shutdown, we’ve had to scale back towards much of what we had at the little Bistro building in order to keep it fresh.
We’ll be doing pop-up specials, where we pick some of our new location’s recent lunch and dinner favorites and bring them back out.
Pro Tip: If you’ve liked our recent Japanese-themed dinner special, then you’ll want to pay attention to our Facebook page this Friday.– Team Bistro
AND THE QUESADILLAS ARE BACK!!!
And, let’s hope for “average days,” again, soon.
Stay strong, y’all. Stay strong.