The chef/cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing workstations
- Collaborate on menus, item costing, and weekly specials
- Must be able to self-direct and multitask
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Receive orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Dressing order for presentation
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning workstations and utensils
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
- Have experience, knowledge and ability to work with computer and cloud-based POS systems.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Culinary Degree Required for Chef Position
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Previous experience as a chef
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Must pass a background check
- Able to read and write
Physical Demands and Work Environment/Attire
- Able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Able to work in a Commercial Kitchen with propane high temp equipment, knives and other appliances.
- Employees must be able to provide non-slip shoes and maintain a clean appearance.
- Employer will provide a work shirt, hat, beard guard and apron.
Notes: These additional items are a plus: Food handlers or Safe Serve Certificate. OLCC Servers Permit a plus as well.
- Apply in person during our normal business hours
- Email resumes [@] portsidebistro.com