Produce the highest quality baked goods, including breads and cakes and with, using culinary expertise to mix together ingredients to create unique and delicious items for our customers. Organizational skills will be utilized to ensure that all orders are handled appropriately so that we never run out of ingredients for any of our products.
- Prepare doughs, batters, icings and other components by measuring or weighing ingredients using graduated containers or scales to ensure uniformity.
- Use tools such as hand mixers, electric mixers and cooking machinery to blend together ingredients to create high-quality baked goods.
- Cook prepared dough in ovens or on grills as needed, using molds, pans or sheets, depending on the proper baking technique for the item.
- Perform routine checks on raw materials to ensure they adhere to high-quality standards and are not expired or damaged.
- Inspect baked goods to ensure they are of the highest quality, and remove any damaged items before they reach the display case.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients, the oven temperatures, conveyor speeds and humidity as needed so that all products come out as expected.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school education
- 2+ years’ experience as a baker
- First-rate oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated cake decorating expertise
- Culinary school diploma
- Apply in person during our normal business hours
- Email resumes [@] portsidebistro.com